BEING HEALTHY – Monthly Goal for February
Welcome to another Monthly Goal! This month we decided to look at our health. It is so easy to keep putting off making changes to lifestyles, such as our eating and exercise habits, especially when both parents are working and the kids are at school.
So here are some of the things we are going to achieve during February!
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Life, Healthy Home!
We all need to become more active and fitter as a family and as individuals. Here are some of the things we are planning to work on this month:
- Having a Wii Fit Plus in the box does not make you fitter! Once we had cleared away the Christmas decorations we set up our console in the dining room and everyone now spends about 20 minutes ‘playing’ on it!
- Our daughter wants to start dancing lessons (she is 5 and loves dancing around our home). We will try our best to find a class for her to start this month.
- My husband is taking her swimming every weekend and I plan to start swimming with them soon.
- We plan to start walking again (once the weather improves) and taking up geocaching too!
- We are cutting down on our sugar intake, beginning to eat more healthily and drinking more water.
- We eat at the dining room table, without phones or TV and actually talk about our day. The kids love this!
- We continue to declutter, recycle, rehome and give to charity anything that we do not need. It continues to feel great as we clear out all the rubbish from the past and begin to plan for the future too.
- The TV gets turned off and we either talk, listen to music, read or sit quietly and think.
REVIEW OF LAST MONTHS GOALS – Organisation
Last month we concentrated on becoming more organised as a family and I must admit we are definitely making lots of progress towards becoming a more organised household! The kids are helping around the home and our youngest is becoming more independent! Since giving her certain chores to do, she has started to take some pride in keeping her room tidy too! As we are becoming more organised we find that we have more spare time together for family things. Our weekends are not just an endless catch up on things we did not get done during the week now!
Monthly Goals for 2016
We are excited to be part of Monthly Goals for 2016 and we look forward to reading all these great posts too!
NEXT MONTHS GOALS
Next Month our goal will be COMMUNICATION…..