How to Make a Difference by Playing Games
Peakles and I are taking part in the BIG BOARD GAME DAY, raising money for the NSPCC on the 27th May. We are looking forward to playing some great family games and we wanted to share our Favourite Games with you today!
Our Favourite Games!
- Snakes and Ladders – there are lots of different versions of this game but is always a firm favourite with us as it has simple rules and can be played from an early age too!
- Trivia Pursuit – there is now a junior version which is ideal for playing as a family. Junior questions for the younger members of the family means that they can play in their own right or with just a little help from someone older.
- Kerplunk – I used to have this game when I was a child and I am thrilled that Peakles enjoys playing it as well! We actually play three games with this, so it is the ‘value for money’ game. As well as Kerplunk, where you are trying to avoid the marbles crashing down as you remove the sticks, you can also play marbles and pick up sticks as well!
- Monopoly – from the original game to newer versions, including junior monopoly, Peakles enjoys playing this as part of a team against her older brother and me!
- Chess and Checkers – we love playing checkers and now Peakles is used to moving pieces around the checkered board we are starting to explore playing chess as well.
But why are we taking part in the Big Board Game Day?
I have supported the NSPCC for a number of years now and I truly believe that the work they do makes such a difference to children’s lives. By taking part we are not only spending time together as a family, which is always a great idea, but we can also raise some money too. Even if we just raise a few pounds between us, it all goes to help other children and families who are struggling.