We love ice cream and could eat it every day! We have made our own ice cream in the past and tend to stick to certain tried, tasted and tested recipes! Although vanilla is one of our favourites, we do like experimenting with lots of different toppings.
Making different toppings can turn an ordinary dessert into something extraordinary. So grab your shopping lists and get ready to make those delicious ices today!
- Crushed Chocolate Chip Cookies – place some cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Sprinkle on top or dip your ice cream cone in the crumbly bits.
- Tropical Fruits – grab a tin of pineapple chunks, add some slice of kiwi and some mango slices.
- Very Berry – take some fresh chopped berries and add a little orange juice with some sugar (if the berries are too tart)
- Eton Not Too Messy – slice some strawberries and meringue pieces before drizzling on some strawberry sauce.
- Nutty Nutters – crushed nuts of any sort sprinkled onto ice cream give texture and flavour too.
- Apple Saucy – we cheat and use a jar of applesauce – but you could make your own applesauce. Serve hot or cold.
- Peanut Butter – smooth or crunchy – a dollop of this on top of your ice cream tasted delicious!
- Cotton Candy – got some spare from the fair? Then put it on top of your ice cream for an extra sweet pud!
- Popcorn – sweet, salty, cinnamon, whatever you like, it gives flavour and texture as well.
- Banoffee – add some banana and some toffee sauce for an indulgent treat!
We have road tested all of these (in the name of science of course) and can vouch that they are all equally delicious!
I’m joining in with Blogtober 2017, where UK bloggers are joining together to write a post every day in October. Using daily prompts from Hex Mum Blog, the posts can be funny, insightful and thought-provoking. You can read what everyone else is writing about by following the link below!