Family Fun Things to Make and Do
Need some inspiration for family fun things to make and do? Then our list of 40 things to make and do should be a good starting point! Peakles and I share some of the things we like to do together at home and when we are out and about too!
20 Things to Make
- Bake a cake together! This can be a family recipe or a shop bought cake mix.
- Make up a game, could be your own version of hopscotch or pass the parcel.
- Grab a playdough recipe and make your own. It’s fun to make and play with too!
- Make a mess. The messier the better!
- Grab some paper and some paint and make your own wrapping paper!
- More food ideas – why not make your own healthy smoothies? Very yummy!
- Make a wooden spoon puppet.
- Don’t throw out that cardboard box! Make it into a car or an aeroplane!
- Thread some beads onto some string to make a pretty necklace.
- Stick pasta onto a cardboard shape and paint it to make a beautiful wall hanging.
- Get some recycling boxes and create a spaceship.
- Make your own wind chimes from pieces of wood.
- Find out how to make pompoms and make your own!
- Start knitting, using a knitting dolly, and make some drinks coasters.
- Make a funny face and take a selfie.
- Grab some leaves or flowers and laminate them to make pretty window hangers.
- Make some party hats by decorating some paper and making them into cones.
- Create a marble run out of odds and ends you can find around the house.
- Get some chalks and make a drawing on the pavement or sidewalk.
- Make a den under a table with an old blanket!
20 Things to Do
- Go for a walk.
- Visit a museum.
- Take the family for a swim at the local pool.
- Make someone’s day by making them laugh or paying them a compliment.
- Have a movie night at home, complete with theatre tickets and complimentary popcorn.
- Do some voluntary work for a local charity.
- Start researching your family tree.
- Give some flowers to a friend for no reason at all.
- Tell a spooky story with all the lights out.
- Read a book together.
- Grab those bicycles and go on a mini trip.
- Have a picnic outside or inside, depending on the weather.
- Blow some bubbles.
- Hold hands with someone.
- Tell silly jokes and laugh out loud at them too!
- Make snow or sand angels when you can.
- Try eating jelly with chopsticks!
- Blow each other kisses.
- Talk in a silly voice.
- Go to an outside space, sit quietly and just listen to the world around you for a moment or two!
We hope you enjoy trying out some of these things to make and do with your family this week!
40 Favourite Things Blog Hop
To celebrate her 40th birthday, Leanna from All Done Monkey has organized a virtual party, where each blogger shares her list of 40 favorite things, plus we are giving away a big cash prize to a lucky winner! Don’t miss these creative Top 40 lists, and be sure to enter the giveaway, which is open internationally. (Thanks to the Piri-Piri Lexicon for designing this beautiful series button!)
All Done Monkey: 40 Ways to Celebrate Turning 40
The Piri-Piri Lexicon: 40 Tips for Parents of Bilingual Children
Discovering the World Through My Son’s Eyes: 40 Things to Do with Kids in Puerto Rico
Play Dough & Popsicles: 40 Paper Plate Crafts for Kids
Hispanic Mama: 40 Books for Hispanic Heritage Month
Pura Vida Moms: 40 Favorite Drink Recipes
Globe Trottin’ Kids: 40 Ways to Go Global in the Elementary Classroom
Spanglish Monkey: 40 Dishes from Around the World You Should Try
Witty Hoots: 40 Amazing Books to Read Before You Get Old
MommyMaestra: 40 Ways to Have a Multicultural Homeschool
MarocMama: 40 Things to Do in Morocco You Haven’t Thought Of!
Multilingual Parenting: 40 Ways to Motivate Bilingual Children to Speak the Minority Language
Creative World of Varya: 40 Things I Wish I Knew Before Moving to China
Pack-n-Go Girls: 40 Fabulous Travel Tips
Enter below for your chance to win!
PayPal cash giveaway is open internationally! Giveaway closes at midnight Pacific Time on September 19, 2016.